Aug 5, 2010

Introductions are in Order

Being this blog's first post, introductions are in order.  My name is Shira, and I have two children.   Temima is 4 years old, and Yehoshua is 17 months old.  I live with my husband, Joseph and our children, in Toronto, Canada.  While our children aren't old enough yet to officially call what we do homeschooling...we are planning to homeschool our children.  We tend to stand out in our community for not having enrolled anyone in daycare or Pre-K.  I am very excited to attempt to create this contribution to the still small, but steadily growing, community of Torah-centred homeschoolers.  

My ideas are not yet finalized, but my intentions so far are:  To create a comprehensive directory of resources for Torah-based (aka Jewish) homeschoolers.  This will include all sorts of media, as well as Jewish and secular subjects.  My second goal for this blog will be to have regular 'columns' and news about Jewish homeschooling.  Topics could include: homeschooling philosophies, experiences of particular families, homeschooling in the news, the ups and downs of homeschooling, and much more.

I am going to be experimenting for the time being, to explore how I want to organize the directory, so please excuse me for any confusion to come.

I am seeking any and all ideas for developing this blog as a community fixture for Jewish homeschoolers.  I am looking for links to websites, books, and other resources to include in this directory.  I am looking for guest-posters, who want to write about their family's experiences homeschooling, or about anything in particular related to Jewish homeschooling.  I'm looking for parents who would like to write a regular, weekly, or monthly, or just once-in-a-while column here.  Oh, and before I forget, I would love to find someone who has the time to create a wonderful header (and maybe a better name) for this blog!  So, if you would like to participate in this new beginning, simply post your idea or link or suggestion in the comments area, and I will get back to you!   Or send me an email: shirarocklin (at) yahoo.ca

Stay tuned for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment