Aug 19, 2010

The Free Siddur Project

The Free Siddur Project

"Welcome to the Free Siddur Project – פרויקט סדור חופשי! Here you will find resources for producing your own customized siddur...As I browsed around the net searching both in English and Hebrew I was unhappy to discover that their existed very few useful resources. What I wanted was one site where I could find the text of the תפילות (prayers), their translation and a transliteration of the Hebrew...This got me thinking: wouldn’t it be great if such a place existed....I feverishly began running through my favorite portion of the liturgy – Kabbalat Shabbat and Ma’ariv for Friday night. The Hebrew was fantastically easy to produce...."

The author of this website has created an archive of free, not copywrited, prayers/liturgy for anyone to download and create their own personal siddur.  My interest is piqued!

No comments:

Post a Comment