Mar 15, 2011

March Blog Round-Up

So, in the interest of keeping the blog more concise, I'm going to just keep all the blogs I find each month to one post per month.  If you write a blog about your family and you are a Jewish homeschooler, please send me a link (in the comments below)!

I've had Jewish Home Education saved for quite a while now, thanks to this post, which is an overview of homeschooling philosophies and their relationship to Jewish homeschooling.  Although I don't agree with her outlook on Unschooling (my homeschool philosophy of choice), I did enjoy reading her post.  Regina is a mother living in Israel.  She writes, "I am passionate about education and particularly about Jewish education that can take place in one's home. Home and education are themes that are very central to Judaism. I am a big believer that parents should play a key role in their children's education. In this blog I share my thoughts and ideas on education, parenting inspirations and other related topics that interest me and might be of interest to other Jewish parents."

I feel sort of silly with this next one... because I don't have anything to write about it.  I'm sure there was a post I liked, but I can't remember!   But join Shady Lady over at Unschooling Royalty to learn a bit about how unschooling works in real life!

Now here is a blog I really enjoyed reading a lot!  Homeschooling, farming, Jewish life... what a great combo!  Everything I'd love to do.  Frum Philly Farmgirl writes about herself: "I am Lover of my Beloved, Imma to my three blessings, a dreamer of dreams and maker of my home. I have homeschooled now for about 13 years and it is our way of life. I am a preschool teacher, doula, childbirth advocate, Jill-of-all-trades, Mistress of none and aspire to someday become the local village Wise Woman."  Philly Farmgirl: Adventures in Homeschooling, an older homeschooling specific blog, also written by her, may hold some interesting reading as well.   Neither of those blogs is actually current because... she's moved on to new things at her current blog, Village Wise Woman.  Although not homeschool related, she's written some interesting posts on herbal remedies, being a doula, and life in general.

Over at Learning Al Pi Darcho is another blog about a homeschooling family.  Dean and Kerith write about their family goings-on, including homeschooling of their four children.  They sum up the direction of their blog thus: "This blog was started to describe our journey to Ethiopia to adopt two children. Now it has expanded to include our whole life - Judaism, homeschooling, frugality, cooking and the fun of being a family."

3 comments:

  1. I write a blog and we are a Jewish homeschooling family :) http://www.asinglegypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. People should be made more aware with preschool and homeschooling blogs. Thanks for this blog I really enjoy reading the views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of my friends were looking for a quality Jewish homeschooling for their kids. this post might help them a bit.

    ReplyDelete